Interesting stops, in no particular order:
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation If you don't want the Global Village to become the Third Mall from the Sun...
- Electronic Frontiers-Texas Not affiliated, but working the same side of the street
- The English Server
- Henry's KodeWerkz 'n' Squishy Warez Odds n ends, porno for pyros, etc.
- More online activism
- The Invisibles - A worthy successor to Illuminatus!, suitably updated for the millennium. And another good Invisibles link.
- Michael Moorcock. I'm more a fan of Jerry Cornelius and Una Persson than Elric but you'll find it all here. While reading "A Nomad of the Time Streams," a collection of all three alternate 20th century yarns featuring dirigible pilot Oswald Bastable, spin a disk by Kendra Smith, either "Five Ways of Disappearing (4AD)" or "The Guild of Temporal Adventurers (Fiasco)." This bewitching creature was heavily influenced by Moorcock's "End of Time" series.
And this one's for the Dishonorable Henry Hyde (R-Comfort Station, IL):
Yep, it's about abortion (among other things). The Reproductive Health Technologies Project provides info on a "Morning After" treatment that OB/GYNs have known about for years: massive doses of certain varieties of The Pill. IUDs also work. The aforementioned page also has a listing of docs in YOUR area who know about this treatment and will prescribe it. iTambien en Espanol! There's a phone number: 1-800-584-9911. Shout-out to Katha Pollitt, who published this in The Nation, 1 April 1996, p.9, and a big Fuck You to Rescue America, Ralph Reed, and the ghost of Terry Dolan, a Moral Majority co-founder who died of AIDS! If I knew of a Web page that advertised "late-term abortions" (fucking Religious Right; "partial-birth" applies to them) I'd link to it as well!