- 29 July 2002. No crown for the conquering child.
- 6 May 2001. Where MKZ came from
- 6 March 2001. It looks like the angel infestation of U.S. TV has abated, leaving us with one decent show
anyway. But too bad they didn't get around to one about a Holy Guardian Angel.
- 16 January 2001. Yes, I did wash my hands before leaving the 20th Century. Just in time, too,
because we'll all be up to our elbows in leftover bits of 20th C narrative.
- 15 January 2001. Dead people should be seen and not heard
- 3 December 2000. If Bush eventually wins, at least we can dust off our Bill Hicks CD's. Same
stupidities, probably even the same wars.
- 26 November 2000. "They wear grass, eat turnips, and despise their king" -- Unflattering Chinese
description of westerners, written on a small portrait of same, in the
south basement of the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam, Chinese room.
- 25 November 2000. 30 years ago, Japanese writer Yukio Mishima martyred himself in the traditional
style to protest postwar decadence and impending middle age. He demanded a return to traditional
imperial values and gathered about himself a paramilitary coterie called the Shield Society. He also
wanted to be St. Sebastian. He satisfied these desires on 25 November 1970. 30 years later, Rev. Phil
Monty and I ate "Bob"'s shit.
- 12 November 2000. The American Interregnum. I voted for Max Frost, who was for lowering the voting
age to 14 and giving free LSD to everyone over 30. I'm not normally a single-issue voter, but...
- 4 November 2000. Slack draining out of Amsterdam...Kalenderpanden evicted. Aftermath of
burnt barricades and streets dug up with borrowed construction tools. Cops pelted with rocks.